Construction on Rough Hollow Elementary School in Lake Travis Independent School District is approximately 65 percent complete, with the district’s seventh elementary school on track to open in August 2020. In the master-planned community of Rough Hollow, the $33 million facility will have over 102,000 square feet and accommodate up to 850 students. The project was approved by voters in a November 2017 bond.
Angela Frankhouser, the former principal of Lake Travis Elementary School, will be the first principal of Rough Hollow Elementary. A few features of the school:
- High-efficiency, Energy Star building that makes use of geothermal wells
- Main Distribution Frame room visible to students to create interest in the building’s network system
- Full-size basketball court inside the gym with cushioned vinyl flooring
- Outdoor learning and story areas near the library
- Outdoor dining areas adjacent to playscapes
- Play fields and basketball courts
- Storm-water drainage to bio-retention basins in order to support landscaping
Photo courtesy LTISD news.